I just hit CTRL + ALT + DEL whenever I get frozen on Windows PC, but what to do to when it happens on Mac? what is equivalent to CTRL + ALT + DEL on Mac?
This what was happening when I tried to update Coda 2 on Mac
I have only one Apple ID, when I clicked the Purchases tab, the button next to Coda 2 showed Update. I clicked it and got a dialog, “You have updates available for other accounts.”
This is how to fix it
1. Repair Disk Permission.
Launch Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities), select your startup disk and click the Repair Disk Permissions button near the bottom of the window. In a couple of minutes your permissions will be set right.
2. Enable Spotlight Indexing
There are two solutions in NGPixel blog post, solution no 2, that is using terminal command is working for me
- Open a Terminal window.
- Type the following command: sudo mdutil -i on /
- You are required to enter your Mac OSX login password, if you have setup Mac OSX login. A message saying “Indexing enabled.” should appear after a few seconds.
- Close the Terminal window and the Spotlight indexing should now start automatically. (Again, a dot will appear inside the Spotlight icon during the indexing process)
- Wait for it to finish and then launch the Mac App Store<
Note: If Spotlight hasn’t started to index, please try to restart your Mac
- Google Safe Browsing. It is a handy tool, which allows you to test a website which you think may not be genuine or distributing malware. Type the following in your browser address bar : http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=
- Sucuri Free Malware and Virus Scanner. The most popular and up-to-date tool to scan Malware and Virus on your site.
- AVG Scan Web PagesThe AVG Scan Web Pages lets you check the safety of individual web pages
- Norton Safe Web This is similar to AVG Scan Web Pages.It lets you check web pages
We should update DNS records after we had registered a domain name and did setup web hosting for that domain.
DNS is heavily cached and changes could take up to 24 hours to take effect. It is recommended you wait this long after the initial set-up before troubleshooting any errors. DNS changes could take up to 24 hours to take effect. It is recommended you wait this long after the initial set-up before troubleshooting any errors
Refresh Local Computer DNS Cache is a step to troubleshoot DNS setup